Willkommen Gast 

Infos ein-/ausblenden

Willkommen Gast! Um Beiträge zu verfassen musst Du registriert sein.

Seiten: 1
Autor Thema:Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine not working Windows 10 64-bit

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine not working Windows 10 64-bit
am 10. February 2018, 05:49

I followed the instructions correctly, but the game still doesn't work on my Windows 10 64-bit system. I downloaded from https://www.replaying.de/files/indiana-jones-5-patch-windows-xp-vista-7-x64/ and installed the game installer, since there is no patch to download, how will I get the game to work now? Looking at list of game updates and no CD patches on https://gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_ij_.. I tried several of them to get it to work, I tried The Infernal Machine v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD #2, The Infernal Machine ALL VERSIONS [ENGLISH] No-CD Patch, The Infernal Machine v1.0 [ALL VERSIONS] No-CD Patch and The Infernal Machine v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD #1 None of these got the game to work, however the game did start up to the point when the Canyonlands level 1 after Indy said, "Time to go to work" The game crashed and sent me back to my desktop. Any solutions on how to fix this? I uninstalled the game now. Help please!:(

Malte
Administrator

am 10. February 2018, 11:56

Hey mcmike89,

you need to insert your original game discs, because the installer does not remove any copy protections due to legal regulations.

The game should work fine with the included patches in the installer, there is no further work to do.

However, try to execute the Patch.bat contained in the Resource directory. Afterwards launch the Indy3D.exe

Regards

Don't feed the troll

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 12. February 2018, 05:44

Oh ok, I'm not too sure how to get this game to work properly because since this game is so old, I just need the proper instructions to get it to work. But, thanks to you, this may help. Update: the game is still crashing, I did execute the patch.bat file and it was working just fine, then I closed it, but I can't run the game without the CD, the noCD patch doesn't allow it to work, I keep getting an error message. This is getting complicated! So, now I uninstalled the game. I'm so lost right now.

Malte
Administrator

am 12. February 2018, 11:09

As I said before, you will not need a NoCD-Patch. Reinstall the game and don't put any external files in the game directory, we really thought about everything and included patches! 😃

You could also try to delete the following files in the game directory (dgVoodoo). Then launch the game via the Indy3D.exe.

Don't feed the troll

Penumbra
General1,718 rP

am 12. February 2018, 19:00

Start the Installer you downloaded from here, insert your original game CD 1 and start the installation process using this Installer. It will automatically ask you for CD 2 and in the end of the installation it will patch the game files so that the game is ready to play. Don't use any other files from the internet. You can optionally use the integrated dgVoodoo to emulate old compatible graphics device.

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 13. February 2018, 08:10

Sorry, ignore this thread, I updated it, look at the next one below this one.

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 18. February 2018, 06:21

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the game to work again, this time I get this window pop-up everytime I click on the Indy3D.EXE icon. Nothing happens when I click on the start game button, there's no list of the available levels either on the select level list. I put all my save game files in the resource folder. Any idea on how to go from here?

Penumbra
General1,718 rP

am 18. February 2018, 15:16

Start game from "Jones3D.exe" not "Indy3D.exe". But loading savegames only works from in-game option!

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 26. February 2018, 01:08

Ok, I clicked on the "Jones3D.exe" icon and I still get that same "Welcome to Indy 3D" pop-up window. Still didn't work. From what I remember doing before this happened to my game, I went to another source to find some other help and involved tweaking with a game file called Indy3D.sdb I attempted to open it in another application and I think whatever happened to that file, it got modified and it messed it up and now the game thinks that the Indy3D.sdb file is used for something different rather than running the actual game. How do I fix this problem? I tried looking for that specific game file that's unmodified but even if I try putting that game file back in, the game is still seeing that as opening that window pop up.

Malte
Administrator

am 26. February 2018, 20:27

You can install a SDB file with the command prompt or a batch file.

There is a file called Patch.bat in your /Resource/ directory. Just open it. If an error message appears, the file has probably already been installed.

Furthermore, try to launch the game via the Indy3d.exe located in the /Resource/ directory as well.

Don't feed the troll

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 27. February 2018, 06:12

So to install a SDB file is for me to go to properties and change it to opening it as a batch file so it acts like a batch file rather than as SDB file? I already opened the Patch.bat file, it just opens for sec and then closes, no error message. I did run the game using Indy3d.exe before this happened, so I guess I should replace the Jones3d.exe with the Indy3d.exe in my Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine directory.

Malte
Administrator

am 27. February 2018, 13:54

That the batch file closes immediately is correct behavior. Your Resource directory should look like this, except the QUICKSAVE.sav:

There is no need to replace or copy files. Otherwise try to reinstall it!

Don't feed the troll

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 28. February 2018, 06:56

Ok, well, I tried mostly everything, I did reinstall it many times already. I'm not entirely sure what else to do next, I mean I have Thief Gold and Thief 2 which are 2 older games installed on my computer and it works just fine because I patched it but it was patched separately through a download so I would think that getting this game to work like it should be would be easy, but I feel like something is missing or I need to edit the game files in the folder to configure it. I don't know, I thank you for your help. I was even thinking about using an emulator to get this game to work, there are many programs that can run older games like this a piece of cake if I can install it correctly.

Penumbra
General1,718 rP

am 28. February 2018, 18:22

It's already very easy to get this game running with the Installer. There's nothing you have to tweak, modify or emulate.
Yes, there are older games running with emulators, but Indy is not a DOS game, it's made for Win95 and there 's no Win95 emulator except a virtual machine.
But this is not neccessary, I don't know what's broken in your game installation.

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 01. March 2018, 01:07

Let me give this one more try and see what I can do. I'll get back to you soon.

Malte
Administrator

am 01. March 2018, 10:52

You could try it on another computer!

Don't feed the troll

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 03. March 2018, 05:42

I only have one gaming computer which is the one I'm using right now. The other one is a non-gaming computer.

Malte
Administrator

am 03. March 2018, 10:33

Since this game is very old, you could also try it on yor non-gaming computer. Just to see if it might work out with this one for you.

Don't feed the troll

mcmike89
Interessierter135 rP

am 04. March 2018, 07:55

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I successfully get the game to work.

Seiten: 1

Die Seite wurde geladen in: 0.08 Sekunden.